Use the Campaign Management page to set up and track your in-game and out-of-game campaigns.
The Campaign Management page lets you perform the following actions:
- Create new campaigns
- Get an overview of running campaigns
- Edit running campaigns
- Pause or unpause campaigns
- View the details of campaigns
- Change the priority of campaigns
- Duplicate campaigns
- Delete campaigns
Creating a campaign
To create a new campaign:
- In the Campaign Management page, select Create Campaign.
- Choose the type of campaign you want to create.
- Select Create.
This opens the campaign creation page for your chosen campaign type.
There are two different types of in-game campaign, event-triggered and decision point based. The logic and content for event-triggered campaigns is downloaded to the game client at the start of each session. Decision Point campaigns make a server request and receive the latest content at a specific point during gameplay.
The campaign priority determines which campaign a player should enter if they are eligible for multiple campaigns. To change this, edit the campaign.
The Campaign Management page has a diverse campaign tagging and filtering system, which lets you tag campaigns with categories, such as missions, onboarding or acquisition. To customize these tags, select the More menu (⋮) for a campaign and select Tags. This opens a Tags window. In the Tags window, select Create A New Tag to open the Categorization Tags page, which lets you create, edit and delete tags. These tags are not specific to in-game campaigns, and are available throughout the platform.
The qualities tab, inside the filter options menu, lets you filter the campaigns on display by a number of different qualities such as running, completed, A/B testing campaign. You can also filter based on decision points, which is useful for debugging and organizing the priority of campaigns on a per-decision point basis.
The following actions are available for campaigns:
- Pause/unpause – either pause or unpause the campaign depending on the current condition
- Archive – archives the campaign
- Delete – deletes the campaign
- Tag – brings up the manage tags menu and allows you to apply tags to the selected campaign
- Export – exports campaign data as a CSV file
- View – view the selected campaign
- Edit – edit a subset of settings of an active campaign
- Duplicate – creates a copy of the campaign, useful for when you want to create a similar campaign with adjusted settings
- End date
When creating a campaign you need to specify which of your players are to receive the campaign. You can choose one or more segments for the campaign to apply to, and also mark specific segments to exclude players from. This allows you to re-use segments in different ways, without having to create a new segment to capture your specific requirements.
In the above screenshot, Active players with a lot of coins who aren’t yet spenders will receive this campaign.
Note: For decision point campaigns, when users exit a segment they are still eligible for the campaign and continue to experience the content. For event triggered campaigns and out of game campaigns, when users exit a segment they are no longer eligible for the campaign.