Click CREATE button in the Webhook panel at the top of the Out of Game Actions Management page to go to a form that lets you create new, reusable webhook to an external system. The webhook action can then be added to a campaign and triggered automatically based on player segment and campaign criteria.
The action name panel lets you give your action a descriptive, relevant name and contains three buttons to:
- Create a new action.
- Open an existing action.
- Clone an existing action to a new action. This is handy if you are setting up multiple similar actions.
This panel is used by all the action management screens.
The Webhook Setup panel contains four sections that are used to define your Webhook action:
- The Target URL sets the location to which a request can be made. HTTP and HTTPS are supported and the URL should start with one of these two protocols. Elements of the URL path can be substituted with field values. Do not include a query string in the URL – this should be created by setting the encoding and adding fields.
- The Encoding determines how parameter fields will be submitted with the request. Parameters can be encoded as a query string appended to the URL, as form encoded fields in the body of the request, or as a Json object in the body of the request.
- The HTTP Method sets the method that will be used for the request. Typically the GET method is used where parameters are to be encoded as a query string or where there is no data to be submitted in the request except the headers. The POST is usually used for the other types of encoding.
- The Fields section is used to add fields to your Postback. You can add multiple fields. There are four things you need to set for each field:
- The Name/Placeholder will be the name of the field that will be used in the Postback.
- The Usage value determines how the field will be used. Field values can be substituted into the URL path, added as HTTP headers, or used as a parameter/value pair in the parameter string, encoded form data or JSON object.
- Type indicates the type of value that will be used to populate the value. This can be a static value that you define as you setup the postback. It can be a environment metric (a metric recorded against the user, based on parameters they have sent e.g. Last Mission Played) or a derived metric (a user metric derived from multiple other user metrics and constants) or a variant property (used for dynamic substitutions)
- The Value of the parameter, the options for populating this will depend on what you select as the field type
Save your action and then you can add it to a campaign.