The User Alerts system can alert you by email if your game doesn’t stay within your predefined measurement criteria.
Before you can receive email alerts you need to:
- Create an email recipient group
- Create the alert trigger criteria
- Create an alert from the trigger criteria and assign it to an email recipient group
When you have setup alerts you will be able to:
- Edit or delete existing alerts
- View alert history
Alert criteria are evaluated after 12:00 UTC, using event data with timestamps up to the end of the preceding calendar day.
Creating an Email Recipient Group
1) Clicking on the SETUP -> Manage Email Groups option in the navigation menu will take you to the Email Group management page.
2) The Email Group management page shows a summary list of all email recipient groups.
3) Give your email group a name then select the users on your account that you wish to include and “Add” them to the mail group recipient list.
Then press the “Add” Button.
Creating User Alert Trigger Criteria
1) Clicking on the ANALYZE -> Alerts option in the navigation menu will take you to the Alert Trigger Criteria Editor.
Here you can select a specific Measure chart, apply player filters and set upper and lower thresholds for your alert before naming and saving your alert criteria.
2) The “File Toolbar” lets you name and save your alert trigger criteria. You can also use it to reload existing criteria if you want to edit them.
3) The “Chart Toolbar” lets you select which Measure Chart will be used as the basis of your filter and lets you set the upper and lower boundaries for your alert. An alert will be triggered if the count goes outside the boundaries.
4) The “Filter Toolbar” lets you filter the chart to include only a subset of your players. It is the same toolbar that is used throughout Measure, but it does not include the player Segment filter.
5) Your Alert Trigger Criteria will be displayed in the chart when you press the “Update” button. Don’t forget to save your Alert Trigger Criteria once you are satisfied with them.
Creating a User Alert
1) Clicking on the SETUP -> Manage User Alerts option in the navigation menu will take you to the User Alerts management page.
2) The User Alerts management page shows a summary list of all existing alerts.
3) Give your new Alert a name, criteria and assign it to an email group.
Then press the Add button.
View Alert History
1) Clicking on the SETUP -> View Past Alerts option in the navigation menu will take you to the User Alerts history page.
2) The alerts history page shows a summary list of historic events. It can be filtered to show alerts from the last 7 or 31 days.