Jul 30, 2020
Jul 30, 2020
Jul 22, 2020
- Fixed an issue where decision point campaigns could not be updated while in progress.
- Fixed an issue where the funnels parameter criteria didn’t work for games using the Snowflake warehouse.
Jul 15, 2020
- Fixed an issue where iOS certificates did not validate correctly on the Manage Identity page.
Jul 6, 2020
- Rich push notifications are now available! You can now send images and GIFs (on iOS) with your push notifications when using our latest Unity, iOS or Android SDKs.
Jun 24, 2020
Jun 17, 2020
- We’ve combined the iOS & Android push notification action forms into a single form – no more creating the same action twice!
- It’s now even easier to test your decision point campaigns with a small audience, read all about it here.
Jun 2, 2020
May 21, 2020
- Fixed an issue where the historic “Highest Spend” default segments used the incorrect metrics (convertedProductAmount instead of realCurrencyAmount). Existing segments now use the correct metrics.
May 11, 2020
- Fixed an issue where the data mining query box wouldn’t resize and expand correctly.
- Fixed an issue where cloning decision point campaigns displayed a blank page for some campaigns.
- Fixed an issue where the Highest Spend default segments used the incorrect metrics (convertedProductAmount instead of realCurrencyAmount). New segments now use the correct metrics.
May 1 2020
The audit log feature for decision point campaigns lets users see:
- The changes made to your campaigns
- Who made the change
- When the change was made
April 16 2020
Release 52 put the final pieces in place for the launch of our new audit logs.
April 8 2020
March 31 2020
Made various improvements to platform UX.
You can now include and exclude multiple segments during in-game campaign creation.
In order to make clearer scheduling, we have made some changes to the text around out-of-game campaigns.
Added product tours to the in-platform chatbot. The new welcome screen makes these more obvious to new users.
March 17 2020
March 16 2020
Exporting campaign list to CSV
You can now select Campaigns on the list screen and export them to a CSV file, containing the status, name, priority and tags.
Fewer restrictions on game parameter values
Updated the character limit for game parameter values from 512 to 4096. This makes it easier to hand down complex configurations in your Engage Campaigns.
Improved connection handling in data mining
Made connection handling more robust to reduce how often Data Mining queries time out.
February 19 2020
This release neutralized some targets bugs and actioned all the following:
More granularity in decision-point time offsets
You can now set the ‘wait time’ between decision-point campaign steps in seconds.
New default segments
We’ve added some new pre-made segments for all new games added to the platform.
More information in same-name campaign warnings
Improved the text that’s displayed when you try to create a campaign with a name that is currently in use.
Scheduling QA test campaigns to start in the future
You can now set QA test campaigns to start in the future, meaning you can set up and test all of your campaigns ahead of time and be confident everything works when that big event rolls around.
February 6 2020
The segmentation functionality now lives within Engage. Previously it was available under Analyze.
January 27 2020
January 22 2020
Safe campaign testing in your production environment
We’ve noticed that many of you like to test things in your production environments.
By marking certain segments as ‘test’ segments, you can conduct SAFE testing in your production environment.
Test campaigns exclusively on small audiences – with all the relevant user permissions – before pushing out to the wider player base.
Data Mining queries + browser tabs
The last release gave you more Data Mining tabs. This release helps to distinguish them.
If you’re working on a saved query, you can now see the query name in your browser tab.
Data Mining queries + formatting
You can now format your queries with ease. One click allows you to separate all the constituent parts of your query. Check, edit, and reorganize – stress-free!
Performance improvements on all pages
Improved loading performance throughout. You should notice all your pages loading a little bit quicker as a result.
Updated device lists on our Unity SDK
When our Unity SDK sends events, they get sent along with a device name field. That now contains the latest iOS versions for all those cutting-edge Apple players out there.
Query performance tips in Data Mining
Added performance improvement tips in Data Mining. These can help you create more performant SQL queries.
Optimized image processing on the Unity SDK.
Optimized the image re-orientation and caching processes on the Unity SDK to improve efficiency, particularly when using large or many image messages.
December 11 2019
A/B test reporting with statistical significance and fancy new design
The ability to accurately report on the impact of an A/B test is a vital part of any campaign strategy.
We’ve made a number of improvements to our event-triggered campaign reporting to help you do the following:
- View the statistical significance of your results based on the Mann-Whitney U test
- Understand how your test impacts the occurrence of any analytics event (eg. Did your test actually impact the number of times an IAP was made?)
- Check the total number of users messaged in your test
- Find your winning variant and push it out to all your users
If you have any feedback on these changes, contact support@
Even more real-time metrics and faster queries
We now use Google’s BigTable to store all of the metrics for your players. This lets us improve on the real-time-ness of our segments and ensure that we can scale and deal with larger peak loads.
Added Intercom functionality to the Dashboard. This enhances in-platform communications with:
- Better signposting of key features
- Self-serve product tours to showcase important functionality
- Easy access to help and support
Improved accessibility of icons on the campaign list page
Adapted the icons on our campaign list pages to be more universally readable.
November 13 2019
November 6 2019
– Moved the filters panel to give your campaign lists more space.
– Updated design and layouts to simplify managing multiple campaigns.
– You can now upload 30x more users per CSV segment, (increased from 50 to 1500).
– You can now clone custom dashboards directly from one game or environment to another, saving you time and effort.
October 16 2019
- Dashboards load faster
- Data mining queries run faster than before.
Dashboard display tweaks
– We’ve made changes to how we display visualization names on dashboards.
– You can now view the SQL for event segments via API.
October 2 2019
Made improvements to both Portal and our SDKs, in addition to bug fixes.
– Made UX improvements to the actions page in Engage.
– You can now view events and parameters in the Unity Editor using the Events API.
– Improved caching for large numbers of image messages. Now, images are all fetched concurrently and you can configure the cache size yourselves.
– Updated Unity push notifications to make them compatible with iOS 13 and Xcode 11.
September 24 2019
Added the ability to create multiple visualizations from single data mining queries. This saves you time, loads dashboards faster, and makes your queries easier to maintain.
Data Mining Queries
You can now write longer Data Mining queries.
The platform now warns you before publishing campaigns that are exceptionally short. This will save you from accidentally launching campaigns that don’t work.
September 3 2019
You can now cancel Data Mining queries while they’re still running. This means that you can make changes immediately without waiting for the original to finish running.
Campaign Progress Reset
In deltaDNA, you can dictate the time elapsed before players become eligible to re-enter a campaign. You can now set those campaign reset intervals in minutes rather than days, making engagement more precise and campaigns easier to execute than ever.
Made fixes to prevent users accidentally logging out of the platform mid-session.
There is now a page dedicated to image message assets so that they can all be managed in one central location rather than from within each action.
Active Campaign Actions
On the actions page, you can now see which campaigns are using each individual action.
UX improvements in the platform to dashboards, segmentation and Engage.
API improvements allows for:
- Full management of events and parameters
- Full management of game parameter actions for in-game campaigns
- Viewing target segments and conversion events for campaigns
August 13 2019
Added a new mechanism that lets players opt out of being tracked. This means that no historic data will be lost should a player decide that they no longer want to send data.
Added a new exponential backoff retry mechanism. This ensures that players always receive an up-to-date game configuration even in the event of poor connection.
The Unity SDK now has improved compatibility with the Unity editor for all those running the latest version.
July 24 2019
Release 36 launched this afternoon, during the day, with absolutely no downtime or negative impact! This is a big moment as it marks the start of our much-touted new release system. As previously said we will be making many, smaller releases rather than making changes every quarter. This will allow us to make bug fixes and changes more frequently – ensuring that we can test and iterate based on user feedback.
Here’s a short summary of the changes in our last few platform releases:
API Campaign Control
You can now play, pause, archive and restore campaigns programmatically via the platform API. Contact suppo[email protected] if you’d like to find out more about using this.
JSON Editor for Creating Campaign Actions
Added a button in the campaign action creation screen next to the familiar text field which lets you play around with your JSON in a pop-up window.
July 9 2019
Updated campaign navigation and made changes to prepare for the imminent API release. Initially, the API will facilitate:
- The listing and searching of campaigns/games
- Playing, pausing, archiving, and restoring campaigns
You can now access campaign components (actions/segments etc.) directly from the campaign overview page, without having to search them out within their respective pages.
Support for API Access Key Generation
Any deltaDNA account owner can create API keys that allow API access to specific environments within the account. Owners can give/omit access permissions for any environment within the account and credentials added/updated as necessary.
June 25 2019
- Expanded event-triggered campaign functionality
- Campaign simulation
- Data-mining improvements
- Mobile-friendly view
- Background refresh & caching changes
- End-to-end development progress
Expanded Event-triggered Campaign Functionality
You can now target players with greater sophistication, when they are most likely to engage with an offer. To illustrate how that’s useful, let’s look at a handful of relevant real-life scenarios. With the updates included in this release, you can now execute campaigns such as:
- Showing an offer to a player after they have failed a mission three times
- Giving a player a free mega-spin every 50th time they execute a standard spin
- Providing a special store configuration for a player once every fifth session, up to and including their 30th session but not afterward
You can use A/B testing for these scenarios. Want to know which session is optimal for showing an offer? Set up your variants, insert a few session numbers and off you go. Our Engage system and SDKs will handle the rest.
The new out-game campaign simulation provides visualized explanations for why your players will and won’t flow into any given campaign. Ever wondered why no players are entering your new push notification campaign? Now you can find out before you run it.
Flow of players into campaign categories – Demo Game
In the example above, players are split into groups based on when they were last involved in an out-game campaign. These groups then flow into different categories based on your set campaign criteria. Players are entered into: this campaign, a higher-priority campaign, or – if precluded by the rules of engagement/messaging limits in place – no campaign at all.
We’ve all set up a campaign with high hopes, only to realize after the fact that we made a grand total of 13 people eligible for inclusion. Use campaign simulation to test ahead of time and save yourself the heartbreak!
Updated the analytics dashboards to make them more mobile-friendly:
- Charts now stack one on top of the other regardless of dashboard width.
- Rearranged chart elements to scale better for devices with both small and large screens.
Background Refresh & Caching Changes
On login, you can now see the most recently cached version of your dashboards while they load the latest data in the background. This is a great time-saver, especially if you’re logging in frequently.
We’ve reworked our entire caching system into a quick and dynamic in-memory data store using Redis. Using Redis means that the data we cache for dashboards now lives elsewhere and is not wiped with each release.
Added auto-suggested tables and columns to the editor that are based on the data you have available to query in your game.
8th May 2019
Campaign UI improvements:
- Bulk actions – perform actions on multiple campaigns at once.
- Updated campaign content highlighting
- Improved campaign filtering
- Campaign archival
- Page improvements, performance and layout
- Flow consolidation
27th March 2019
- Decision point campaign cloning, from DEV to LIVE environments
- Data Mining – SQL query syntax highlighting
- In-platform messaging
13th March 2019
- Pagination and performance improvements – Decision Point Campaigns
- Pagination and performance improvements – In-Game Actions
12th Feb 2019
- Bug Fix – Roles and Permissions
- Bug Fix – Action list ordering
5th Feb 2019
- Bug fix – Slice & Dice filters
- Bug Fix – Edit game details page
29th Jan 2019
- Data Mining – Addition of “Sankey Charts” as a new type of visualization
- ideally suited to tracking trends in branching behavior.
- Out of Game Campaign improvements
- conversion windows
- cooldown periods
- CDN – Improvements to our Content Delivery Network to increase the speed of platform loading times
- streamlined page designs
- localized caching
- help implement new features and bug patches more rapidly
- additional features leveraging this coming soon.
30th Oct 2018
- Data Mining improvements
- Map visualizations
- Improvements to the shading on matrix visualizations
- SQL Code highlighting
- Unit displays on data mining visualizations and custom dashboards
- Improvements to the number of rows returned and query duration displays
- Event management improvements
- Add a parameter to multiple events at once
- Custom Dashboards
- Fix for a refresh button bug
- Dashboard PDF export
- Event-Triggered Campaigns
- Record more info on an Action displayed to a player
- Decision Point Campaigns
- Improvements to the decision point campaigns page
- Account / Game image thumbnail bug fix
- Event segments now select no users by default rather than all users
- Multiple bug fixes to improve the user experience and platform performance
- Cross Promo Tools – platform UI and Engage sever updates to support cross promo tools closed BETA
18th Sep 2018
- Campaign cooldown and conversion window controls added to Engage Out Of Game campaigns
- Various UI tweaks and improvements
7th Aug 2018
- Engage event triggered campaigns
- SDK updates to support event triggered campaigns, image message pre-load and caching
10th Apr 2018
- Engage UI Improvements including filtering and tagging of campaigns and actions
- Engage live campaign editing
- GDPR updates around S3 archive storage and HTTPS encryption
- Billing pages contain new usage and projection charts
11th Nov 2017
- Custom dashboard and data mining report templates added
- Custom dashboard tagging system added
- Matrix view charts type added to Data Mining
- GDPR compliance, user specified S3 archives
18th Oct 2017
- Webhooks actions added to Engage Out of Game campaigns
- Player segment exclusion lists added to Engage Out of Game campaigns
- Apple receipt validation updated to support shared secret
8th Jul 2017
- New and improved localisation features added to Engage In Game and Out of Game campaigns actions
- Custom dashboard filters
- Custom dashboard email reports
- Urban Airship push notification action added to Out of Game campaigns
20 Jun 2017
- Major updates to Engage Out of Game campaign system including multi step campaigns, conversions on each step, conversion actions etc..
- Custom dashboard caching
29th Nov 2016
- Data Mining query cloning
- Performance improvements
- Dynamic fields for Out of Game campaigns
31st Aug 2016
- Numerous minor fixes and improvements
14th Jun 2016
- Added SQL query builder for Event Segments
- Email notification system for user alerts
25 Mar 2016
- New segmentation UI
- Data mining tool improvements, “chart all”